(Amongst the) "The 2015 Civic Awards winners are: ...
Anna Crighton - heritage preservation
Akaroa Hydro Generating Set Trust - heritage conservation
Canterbury Caledonian Society - heritage preservation"
The Media Release is as follows:
Council Presents Civic Awards
Christchurch City Council is celebrating outstanding community service following tonight's Civic Awards ceremony.
The annual awards recognise significant service individuals and groups have given to benefit the Christchurch community. This service can be in across a range of areas including recreation, social welfare, youth activities, education, cultural, religious or community affairs.
Recipients are nominated by members of the public with winners selected by the Civic Awards Subcommittee. The subcommittee consists of Chair Councillor Yani Johanson and all community board chairs.
Councillor Johanson says recipients go above and beyond to contribute towards a positive community.
"The prestigious Civic Awards are a way of saying thank you and acknowledging the outstanding work groups and individuals do to make Christchurch a better place to live. This year's recipients are from a wide cross section of society and I'm delighted that they have been awarded the highest Civic honour."
Mayor Lianne Dalziel, who presented the awards, says: "There are certain functions that I attend as Mayor of Christchurch that are an absolute joy. They are citizenship ceremonies, award ceremonies and the Civic Award ceremonies. The Civic Awards are top of the list because they're our opportunity to acknowledge the people who represent the highest level of commitment to their communities and their city."
The 2015 Civic Awards winners are:
- Ian Beswick - services to the performing arts
- Francis Blandford - community service
- Gareth Cant - services to education
- Anna Crighton - heritage preservation
- Henare Edwards - services to Maori communities
- Nicky Hutchinson - services to the Canterbury A&P show
- David Ivory - services to education
- Paul Macdonald - international relations
- Jan Shirley McKillop - community service
- Alice Ridley - youth advocacy
- Gerard Smyth - services to the arts and media
- Akaroa Hydro Generating Set Trust - heritage conservation
- Canterbury Caledonian Society - heritage preservation
- Surf Lifesaving Canterbury - services to public safety
Comments are closed.