Wellington City Heritage Week from 23 to 29 October 2017.
Starting on Labour Day, it is a week-long public event that includes open heritage properties, city tours, special museum exhibitions, films and presentations.
Highlights of the week include:
- Open days at Antrim House, St Gerard’s Monastery, Government House, St Mary of the Angels and Wrights Hill Fortress;
- Special tours at the New Zealand Cricket Museum and The Great War Exhibition; Wellington
- Archaeologist Mary O’Keeffe hosting her previously sold out tour of the city’s most interesting sites;
- Nga Taonga Sound & Vision presenting heritage films on the development of Wellington City and important events that have shaped the city;
- Special presentations at the National Library of New Zealand and the City Gallery.
All events are open to the public. Keep an eye on our website for further information.